Tuesday 2 August 2011

Crafty-ness.....

Just a short little post with some pictures of some crafty things I have made. After a long absence from almost anything crafty I got my crafty mojo back. I signed up for a craft fairy. Craft fairy works like this:
You are given a recipient to make a gift or gifts for. You can make them for them, their home or their children. You can make anything crafty & you then post it off & wait for them to receive their gifts! Once the gifts are received then they post pictures. It's so lovely to see all of the things that all of the fairies have made. I received my gift & I got lots of lovely stuff...


The shawl is so soft & snuggly.
Now for my recipients gifts that I made. It took me a little while to decide what to make but in the end I decided on a Kindle cover


It took me 4 attempts to get it right but I think it worked out pretty good.
I also sent her some soap, a new craft for me to try & a tad addictive & also a little lavender heart.

I just realised I don't have a picture of the lavender heart. I ddi however make some other ones for a friends birthday & also for Joshua's teacher at school. So here is one
So...on to teacher's gifts. It was the end of another school year so we decided on a few gifts for the teachers & teaching assistants.



Iona chose an apple & Joshua decided on a hand. His reasoning was his teacher was leaving - to work in Singapore!- & it was his hand waving goodbye. All his idea & a pretty good idea I think. We also made some soaps which they gave to the teachers. Joshua also gave his teacher a lavender heart to put in her case while on her travels.
Last, but not least, Nathaniel was leaving his rather wonderful playgroup. We decided to make some number beanbags.



The nursery loved them & Nathaniel helped by putting in the beans!
So....my crafting mojo is back. I have a huge list of things I want to make & things I want to do with the kids.
One of my latest addictions is Pinterest. For those who don't know Pinterest is like a virtual pin board where you can pin your ideas & things you like. Go & have a look www.pinterest.com I will warn you though..it's addictive.....very addictive!

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

Very crafty indeed :) I've just finished reading your blog entries going back to 2008 and must say you write a very interesting blog.

Glad you are enjoying your sewing so much...the bags are gorgeous...and the ones the kids gave to their teachers were original and will be a great gift for them.

Keep crafting, blogging and "mommying"...lol (((hugs)))
Jacquie (mom xx)