Wednesday 31 August 2011

I have the crafting bug

Since Craft Fairy I have my crafting mojo back. My current 'thing' is sewing, especially bags!
I made this last week

I ended up giving it to my Mom as I thought maybe she would like it. I think she liked it! I used this tute to make it. It was only after I made it that I realised it was for a reversible bag & not ljust a lined bag but it didn't matter!
Yesterday I finally made my Cath Kidston bag from this book. I've had the book for a while but have never been brave enough to make the bag. Then a few weeks ago a friend of mine at work had made one & it was so cute I had to have a go. I got the book & pattern pieces out then promptly put it away 'for another day'. A forum I go on has a craft sub forum & some people on there had made it so I decided that I just had to bite the bullet & give it a go. And I did!
The bag itself wasn't lined or anything so I added a lining, & a bit of interfacing too, &  even a pocket for my phone & a pen. The stitching is wonky & it's not perfect- but then that's the joy of handmade, it doesn't have to be! - but I love it. It's so cute.


It's just a small little bag but I'm sure I'll use it.
So after I had made my bag my Daughter, Iona-Mae, decided that she *had* to have a bag. Well what girl doesn't! We set out looking for material & she chose some from my (mini) stash. She requested a bag which was 'like nana's' but that had some pockets in. I came up with this

It had a pocket for a pen & also a larger pocket, one on each side just like she asked for.
I have now had requests from other members of the family. Nathaniel would like a 'bag with 10 pockets'!  & Joshua would like a wallet for keeping money in. Oh yes & Iona-Mae would like a purse to match her bag. So it looks like I'm going to be busy.

No comments: