Thursday 1 September 2011

Old friends

 This is me with some of my old school friends.  I recently discovered these photo's, scanned them & posted them on my Facebook account. I'm friend's with all of them, bar one, on there. I had so many comments about these photo's & it brought us all that bit closer together. We decided to have a mini reunion as one of my friends was coming to visit for the long weekend. We decided to meet up for a quick, yeah right, drink. Who were we kidding.
We met at 6pm & I told my hubby I would be out 'about an hour or two' , I eventually got it in 1.35am! We had such a great time reminiscing about old times & talking about old friends & what people were up to. It was like we'd never been apart. It nice to have friends like that. Our lives are all different but we had so much to talk about. Out of the 3 of that met (& a token husband who came along too!) 2 of us were married, 1 engaged & only I had children. I think with 4 I was making up for the others who didn't have any!
One friend from this picture was missing. I know she out there somewhere & I'm looking for her. She was my bridesmaid when I got married - the first time- but over the years we lost contact. I'm hoping that soon we will be able to catch up.
It was funny because I sometimes look at pictures or listen to people talk about friends they've known since school & I always thought 'wouldn't it be nice to have friends like that'. Then I realised I do! I'm very thankful for my friends, all of them. We may have lost contact & been in & out of each other lives over the years but the important thing is that we are still there. Still there to talk to & still there to catch up & have a laugh. I LOVE friends!

No comments: